Monday, July 23, 2012

I Wear My Sunglasses on....PSY??

Now before I even begin my little rundown of this music video, I want to thank Simon and Martina for their hilarious videos, and wonderful commentaries on other Korean MVs that they have been doing for YEARS. So, please you guys, if you haven't heard of them, or watched any of their videos...DO SO NOW! 
This is the link to their amazing video rundown of Psy's "Gangnam Style" music video: 


http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/kpop-psy-gangnamstyle/


Anywhore, here is the video for Psy's "Gangnam Style" and then afterward, I will give my commentary on what caught my attention and made me rupture my spleen with laughter.



Okay, so I am assuming that you guys have now watched this music video and had one of three responses:

A) Wow. Truly amazing! I have been listening to K-pop for years, and haven't encountered anything  like this!
B) Wow! Amazing! But maybe slightly weird?
C) I have never heard K-pop before and Elyssa, and you have now altered the course of my life forever.

RUNDOWN:
  1. The dancing kid in the beginning. Seriously? I wish I had those dance moves, then and now. His little face is hilarious, he looks like I imagined Psy would as a little kid trying to impress all the hot babes on the preschool playground.
  2. Please note that from 0:41-0:46 in this video, the lovely ladies on Psy's arms and their facial expression. Also, please note at 0:43 specifically, the girl on the left having spasms of laughter at her counterpart on the right suffocating on the paper cutouts of snow/garbage being blown on them. Psy is keeping a pretty straight face though, and I am impressed!
  3. At 1:22 - 1:24 there is a carousel. I was enjoying the video, and then I suddenly realized...they are dancing raunchily on a children's carousel. HILARIOUS!
  4. Now, we all love grandmas. They are always that grounded person in our lives that spoils the crap out of us. OR, they are dancing on buses with Psy's thrusting groin area (1:29-1:32 & 3:18). I choose the latter!!
  5. Did anyone see the Korean drama "Lie to Me"? No? Well, you while should. The swan paddle boats become 10X more hilarious if you have seen that drama. Oh, I shall be dreaming of swans tonight after watching this video on repeat. Great.
  6. The elevator scene from 1:55-2:02 kills me. I have watched this video more than 20 times now, and I cannot get over the guy dressed in all green, wearing a straw hat, '90s sandals, and standing over Psy. His facial expressions make that scene. 
  7. So at 2:13 it appears Psy is taking public transportation, like us average folks...whipping his imaginary lasso around his head. And who does he lasso kids? Hyuna, of course (watch her Bubble Pop music video)! Now, I need to comment on Hyuna's outfit. It appears that she raided the bus dancing grandmother's closet and found a cardigan/poncho (carcho?, pondigan?) that Hyuna had to have so badly, that she stole it. And cinched it around her waist. And paired with leather shorts. WHATT?!?
  8. At 2:42 in this video, you will notice a quick scene of Psy pony-dancing across a crosswalk in a busy intersection. If I were driving, I probably would have crashed my car from gawking. I LOVE that crosswalk scene. Holy cow. It is so random and awesome....I just...I just can't describe...yes.
  9. I am going to give Hyuna some credit now. Despite wearing leather shorts and grandma's pondigan, she manages to be utterly sexy hair-flipping, hip-shaking, and pony-riding Psy from 2:47-2:53. Watch it, and do not tell me that you don't wish that you could look that sexy in a pondigan while imaginary pony-riding a person. DON'T LIE TO ME!!!
  10. It kills me that the production crew actually filmed pony-dancing scenes, in an actual horse riding arena. I love how literal they are with matching the pony-dance with a horse riding arena. Please notice this from scenes 2:55-2:59, as well as at 1:24. 
  11. Now, does anybody remember the swimming lessons your parents always forced you to take, or is that just me because I live in a desert, and you have to live in a pool during summer? Either way, please notice Psy's flailing in a hot tub (it looks like) at 3:00. I totally did that all the time. Still do that to this day and I'M AN ADULT!!!! It is so much fun. I suggest you all acquire a body of water, and flail. Side note: GOGGLES! 
  12. Please note as well, from 3:03-3:04 Psy's sexy pterodactyl dance to Hyuna. There is no other way to describe it other than that. Luckily, I found a blog that can describe pterodactyls better than I can: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ptero (Please read, they are hilarious)!
  13. Toilet time. 3:13-3:17. The toilet is a free, open, non-judgmental space. You can be whatever you want to be in that space. Psy, I salute you.
  14. Now, this next point is applicable to anyone who has had a blonde moment. The dude in the yellow suit at 2:03 drives out of the parking through the entrance. He drives OUT the IN. I am not ashamed to say, I have done this myself. And yes, I am perfectly capable of driving...
  15. Lastly, the most important note of all. Psy never takes off his sunglasses. Except to put on goggles. Moral of the story: you never see his eyes. What can this mean?!? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US PSY???? Maybe all of us would be obliterated Indiana Jones and the Ark of the Covenant style if we saw his eyes. I don't know. 
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this rundown! Let me know what you think, if you have any requests for blog topics, or about me, just ask in the comments! Goodbye fellow friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment